Thursday, September 11, 2008

Death by Chocolate



This is one of my all time favorite desserts. I want to thank Marty Davis, a client of mine, who hand wrote this reciepe for me, after making it for a work meeting my office was having. She gave me this recipe so I could make it for Joe when he got back from his deployment from overseas. I thank her for a truley wounderful dish.

Death by Chocolate


PREP TIME 30 Min
COOK TIME 25 Min
Refrigerate overnight



INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 (18.25 ounce) package Chocolate brownies-cooked as per directions, then cooled.
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 2/3 cups milk
3/4 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso (which I use)
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
6 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee bars, frozen and crushed


DIRECTIONS
In a 9x13 in pan, bake brownies according to package directions. Cool and crumble. Make pudding, according to package directions, with milk.
In a large trifle or other glass serving bowl, place half of the crumbled brownie. Pour half of the coffee/espresso over the brownie, and spread half of the pudding over that. Top with half of the whipped topping, sprinkled with half the crumbled candy bars. Repeat layers in the same order. Refrigerate until serving.

6 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

To be consumed at ones own risk... LOL
But it's soooo good!!!

Alice said...

Sis Catherine,
You only need, a couple of spoonfulls, I don't think your body could handle much more.

Jolene Harris said...

Oh the name is perfect for this dessert. I would die from a massive migraine if I ate this. But I must say if it was sitting in front of me I could not resist taking two or three bites of it even though I know it would give me a headache. Of course I would take my meds first. Isn't that terrible of me? I can't wait for the marriage supper in the sky. Then I can have allllll the chocolate I want and NEVER get a migraine. Now that will be HEAVEN! :~)

Alice said...

Jolene, If it dosen't give you a migraine, it just might put you in a dibetic coma...it is very rich. I look forward to eating all I can't eat here on earth also... like avacodos :(
Alice

Jolene Harris said...

You can't eat avacodos? Oh dear me!! I LOVE avacodos. I like to mix them with cottage cheese and salsa. MMMMMMM!!! Makes a great dip. So sorry you can't have them. When we get to heaven you will have a great Avacodo dip and I will have a Chocolate fountain. How does that sound? LOL!

Alice said...

Jolene, That sounds great!
Alice