Monday, September 29, 2008

TRI TIP a-la-BBQ



Tonight is Tri-tip night, mostly because I got it on sale today. I love Lawry's mesquite marinade, but I have also used Jack Daniels mesquite marinade, it comes in it's own bag, ready to go. (This is a non-alcoholic product) I used both today, just because I have 2 Tri-tips and both marinades. We will see which one tastes better. True taste test today. I prefer my meat medium rare-to medium. But the nice thing is that the ends are always more done than the center so you have the right doneness for everyone.

I preheat the BBQ, then place the meat on medium for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut across the grain.
I served it with Parmesan pasta (From a box) and my new favorite veggies...Birds eye Steamfresh specially seasoned, southwestern corn. Tomorrow we will have leftovers...Tritip sandwhiches with BBQ sauce. Can't wait.

The whole process took 40 miuntes, with a lot of down time waiting for the meat to finish. Joe says it should be a sin to cook dinner so fast.

3 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I love Tri-tip. When are you invite us over? I do have a brand new big BBQ... And Crystal makes great side dishes... :)

Alice said...

That sounds great, we will make a date!
Alice

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Well, where are you?
I know, I work all week away from home now. Maybe we could do it with your family and all mine. I would love it.